March 24, 2009

A Break in the Entertainment

I've had a hard time writing the past few days because I didn't want to just keep updating about movies. And since I've kept myself from finishing Fallout 3 (I'm in Raven Rock), this'll be a non-entertainment related post for once. (P.S. This Ghostbusters scene freaked me out as a kid and kinda still does now.)

Have you ever filed for unemployment? I hope you never have to, because it's too much of a hassle. And I still haven't gotten my first check even. There are a bunch of mandatory workshops and such that may take longer than you need with information you already have. At least that's the way I felt this morning. It was more of an affirmation of the recent direction I've had than an enlightening help session.

That recent direction I'm referring to is getting my IT certifications, including A+, Network+, MCSA, and Security+. I like working with computers and having the ability to relocate anywhere in the country is nice. Not to mention it also feels like a firm foundation will be under my feet for once. Who knew I'd feel better going to a place I'm paying thousands of dollars to attend than in the office who'll give me free money and donuts.

What also helps is the great living arrangement I've been graciously invited into and the wonderful people of the small group of my church. I'm counting my blessings while hoping for the best in other areas that are playing catch-up.

And tomorrow, I'm returning to another movie post because I just watched something on my instant watch Netflix queue I freakin' loved!

-- "I was going to be a stand-up comedian."

No comments: