April 10, 2009

Long Enough Break

I took a break. It's probably not the best thing to do when this is one of the most constructive things on my platter. But it was a break, and I have more topics in the queue now. First off: last weekend!

The Ship of Fools improv comedy troupe from Purdue University and the Andy Ober Orchestra put on their annual joint show in West Laffy. Having attended the previous two, I was glad my schedule didn't interfere with this show.

The Fools performed with splendid precision and nary a snag. It's always fun to see them put on a show, but they were genuinely on point that night. The subtleties are what please me most with them; you can look to the side to see the better performers adding quaint little tie-ins without stealing anyone's thunder.

The AOO was above par this year too. Adding a rarely seen fourth member, the quartet pleased the crowd with many new songs smattered with a couple golden oldies as well. You wouldn't know they only practiced together maybe five times a year. ::wink::

-- "I like to look for things no one else catches. I hate the way drivers never look at the road in old American movies."

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Thanks again for coming to the show, Scott. Also, thanks for the kind words about the SoF - it's nice to know some things don't go unappreciated.