April 11, 2009

Left 4 Dead LARPing

Would you consider LARPing (Live Action Role Playing) if it had a more zombie/survivor motif? Well good thing this has nothing to do with that.

Some fine photographers were fine enough to make a really fun public set of photographs on Flickr and get it highlighted on Kotaku. The set is called Left 5 Dead, the obvious sequel, and includes the original four survivors plus some random pirate (named Steve?). Aside from the ass-tastic 5th wheel, the set stands out due to the presence of purpose and action the game tends to convey.

But even more so is the use of what I perceive to be an up-and-coming photographic technique known as HDR. I only discovered it recently, but you basically take multiple shots of the same scene at different exposures and merge them to create enormous amounts of detail that wouldn't otherwise be there. Just look up HDR images after viewing the Flickr set to find some other fantastic examples.

I haven't created any yet, but I'll probably make a post about it once I find my inspiration for it.

-- "Hello, Mr. Fancypants. Well I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and s***...and Jack left town."

No comments: