February 14, 2009

Fried Dill Chips

So awhile ago, I had a hankering for fried sliced pickles (like the one's you can get at Scotty's Brewhouse). After looking up some recipes, I found one worth trying and made them yesterday.

They were easy enough to make once I got the oil cooking at a high temperature without boiling. And then after the first few, I got into the hang of letting them fry enough to be a dark brown instead of the early light browns.

I only got some hot spatter-batter on my fingers a few times, but it was tasty. The final product was even tastier, though a little unlike the restaurant. The pickles were still rather crisp, but the batter was not as much.

And the house still smells a bit like vegetable oil, but that will dissipate eventually, right?

-- "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

2 comments:

scottysbrewhouse said...

i hope they didn't taste as good as ours, so you will still come to see us... or, maybe i'll have to bribe you with our 30 draft beers, that you probably don't have at home. :) -scotty (owner, scotty's brewhouse)

ScoreSetter said...

Haha, thanks for the comment.

And don't worry, I'll continue to your dill chips every time I come.