September 22, 2008

Thoughts from PAX (part 1)




I played quite a few games at PAX and just saw some others without wanting to wait in line. Would be too long to put down into one post, so I'll separate em and see how many it takes to get through my list.

To start, I'd like to say that I didn't play Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, or Left 4 Dead. I doubt I'll be getting Fable or Gears right away; they just don't interest me enough in comparison to everything else coming out...specifically Fallout 3 & Left 4 Dead. Fallout 3 looked great, but I didn't want to spend a couple minutes playing a game that would take longer to get a good feel for. Plus, I'm already going to get it. And Left 4 Dead looked phenomenal, even on the 360. I say that like it wouldn't be a good purchase on the 360, but it will. It almost has me considering getting it on console and PC. It'll be a great birthday present ;)

As for games I did play, I'll start off with one of my favorites: Little Big Planet. I made a point to get in line for it early enough Sunday, and it was worth it. I played about 4 different types of games/levels. The simple controls speak nothing of the complexity of the game. Sackboy is a great icon with a malleable palette of possibilities. And it seems you can make just about any 2-D game you can think of and more.

It makes me want a PS3 for the first time.

-- "I'm afraid I just blue myself."

3 comments:

Tom Mason said...

Sounds like a fun time.

Soooo, are you going to comment on the dissolution of GFW Radio? Frankly I'm surprised it took so long for so many of them to get new jobs.

-TOm

Ryan said...

"Only in color, Michael."

ScoreSetter said...

The GFW guys did technically still have jobs, so they didn't NEED to be searching for new ones. But yes, I'm sad it's over with. Though I've already heard Shawn Elliot on two other podcasts already (1up Yours! and Game Theory).