May 27, 2009

Five-Fingered Feet

It feels good when you think you've discovered something not quite popular yet. The Vibram Five Fingers shoes are definitely not something you see everyday. I bought a pair last week and have been enjoying them immensely thus far.

They're mainly meant for people who enjoy being barefoot regularly. I like walking around barefoot but wouldn't regularly do it only because I have generally cold feet. Thankfully, it's not a problem with these. Overall, they feel just like barefoot with a little extra protection. There's no fear of stepping on rocks or getting worn out quickly on pavement.

There is some getting used to them though. I did a small hike on some paths through a wooded area and random meadowy surroundings; it was nothing that made me feel too uncomfortable. The pads of my feet just weren't used to feeling so much more than normal. It did feel good to have the extra grip from the contour shape and my actual toes.

If you want a new pair of shoes and can find them near you (I had to go to Bloomington), try some on to feel for yourself. Plus if you have to do sock laundry too often or just dislike socks in general, they're a great boon. I've only had them 'em for a week, and they're already my prefer foot protector now.

-- "Come on. Don't make it weird."

2 comments:

Ryan said...

These are like toe socks for MEN.

ScoreSetter said...

Except you don't wear shoes over them.

I was looking forward to having an excuse to buy toe socks actually...until I saw one pair would cost me $12~ :-/

Good thing they aren't needed.