April 14, 2010

Coheed Surprise!

I haven't really been paying attention to my favorite band of late. But thanks to some random friends, I found that Coheed & Cambria just released their newest album, Year of the Black Rainbow. And now I'm left waiting to drive to the store after work and buy it.

In the meantime I'll be checking out some of the songs and wondering where this new album's story fits in with the overall life & death of the fictional Coheed & Cambria.

-- "9, you shall protect the future."

2 comments:

Wetzel said...

From what I understand it's a prequel to the story, I belive it follows the Mage wars started by Wilhelm Ryan, the main villain of the core story. I got the special edition, so I have the novel, but I haven't started it yet. Looking forward to what you think of the album. It's pretty good, but not quite as good as their last album.

ScoreSetter said...

I read it was about a prequel, yeah. Wasn't aware there was an actual novel with the special edition.

But yeah, I agree with your thoughts about being pretty good, but not as good as the last album. Though I still can't wait for the Rock Band DLC on Tuesday :-D