March 19, 2010

Lego My MMO

Though closed beta testers can't actually talk about their experiences within it, the Lego massively, multiplayer online game is open for an early look to some lucky masses. I'm signed up but haven't played more than a few minutes and made one character. The restrictive, available play times don't leave me much leeway, but who can really complain if they're given the option to play an unreleased game.

In the meantime enjoy this trailer for the game. Like most Lego ventures, it looks fun!



-- "I HATE coconut. Not the flavor, but the consistency."

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Interesting. I like the look and play of the few LEGO games I've gotten to try, but I wonder how this would work as an MMO?

Are you just getting to suit up as one of the many themes of LEGO and do battle against...these purple things? That seems somewhat manufactured (NPI), unless they're a recurring villain in other games I'm just not aware of.

Or do you have the option of playing these bad guys as well? I guess I never pictured the LEGO universe having an opposing faction like Star Wars, LOTR, Warhammer 40k, WoW, etc.