October 09, 2009

The Nitty Bloody Gritty with the Half-Dollar Man

I recently rented 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. I'm glad I only rented it.

It's not a horrible game, but it is definitely laughable. Seriously, I laughed out loud the first time I took a Hummer vehicle over a ramp only to have it explode. I giggled with glee as I pounded the taunt button only to hear the title character spew nonsensical curses at his enemies. And I chortled as he continued his massacre through the Middle East all for a priceless, bejeweled skull. Did I mention he was already strapped with grenades and pistol clips during his concert?

Nothing really makes sense during this absurd romp through foreign lands, but I don't care. The game is fun. It's not amazing, but it's adequately fantastic. It feels like just another 3rd-person shooter that satisfies with on-rails mechanics, loads of points for almost any action, and ludicrous, blown out of proportion gun-play & mayhem.

And if you like 50 Cent's music, the musical score is great...because it's just his tracks playing over & over & over in the background. Just don't expect much and you'll turn the game back into [insert rental store of choice] appeased.

-- "Time to nut up or shut up!"

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I remember reading somewhere how ludicrous it was that every time you ramped a car, there was an explosion.

haha, awesome