October 10, 2009

I'm Gonna Play Just Cause 2 Just 'Cause

I never played nor even heard of Just Cause for Xbox, but the upcoming sequel, aptly titled Just Cause 2, looks impressive. I meant to write about this first phenomenal video walkthrough awhile ago, but the release of this new video documentary really fanned the flames of my passion for this upcoming property.

I love for open-world games of late (see GTA IV, Prototype, and yet another romp through virtual New York City coming soon). And this one looks like it'll execute some interesting new tweaks, including all-important locomotion maneuvers with that sweet hookshot & stunt-chute combo! Not having played much of the original, it reminds me of what I hoped for in the original Far Cry, strictly considering the jungle atmosphere seen in the E3 demo.

If only the main character didn't look so...meh. It doesn't help that he's a constant hypocrisy as he kills, maims, and destroys whilst donning a massive, silver cross around his neck.

-- "Welcome...to the Fraternity. This gun you're holding belonged to your father; he could conduct a symphony orchestra with it."

No comments: