July 17, 2009

Battlefield

Without any other words, the Battlefield franchise comes to mind every time. How many times can Dice make this game and still make it good? Answer: Just about every time.

Thanks to the mess of great reviews, constant talk from friends about it, and me having a Gold account on XBL, I decided to get Battlefield 1943. The demo was all I needed to put me over the edge, as it iterates on 1942 with an updated game engine. I loved that game oh-so-long ago, and I'm loving it again, albeit in a few less maps and simplified skill sets.

It works perfectly for the Xbox platform outside of the Live issues it's had. The same feel I got from the original fills me with glee whilst running over hapless opponents in my jeep or cruising in my tank. The vehicles are what got me to fall in love with it originally, and I can see they kept that in mind for this most recent translation.

-- "You either give me what I need or this switch will stay on until they turn the power off for lack of payment on the bill."